We are actively seeking a qualified Early Childhood Teacher for Hills Academy at Northern Hills Church. To be a successful Early Childhood Teacher, an individual needs to develop and deliver a learning program for children ages 3-5 years old that will engage and educate students in a safe and loving environment.
Profile / Skills:
- Strong personal relationship with Christ
- Handle situations with grace and love
- Work well with church staff
- Belief in the Core Values of Northern Hills Church
- Team player who likes to work hard and have fun doing it.
Responsibilities to include:
- Provide basic needs and appropriate supervision to keep children safe at all times
- Provide tools and resources for children to use and explore during learning and play activities
- Adapt teaching methods and materials to meet the interests and learning styles of children
- Manage classroom schedule to include activities for educational learning, Bible teaching, imaginary play, outside play, “down” time, songs/games/storytelling, and snack/meals
- Collaborate with Director and additional academy staff to implement lesson plans using program curriculums
- Establish and implement expectations and boundaries of behavior for children in their classrooms
- Help children reach developmental milestones physically, emotionally, mentally, and spiritually
- Encourage play to help children interact with each other to develop social skills
- Track children’s progress and report to parents- Parent Teacher conferences during the school year
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with children and parents
- Maintain inventory system for classroom materials and supplies
- Adhere to health/safety/sanitation procedures and maintain a clean and organized classroom
- Maintain knowledge of State Rules and Regulations for licensed program
- Stay up to date on mandatory trainings upon hire and throughout employment including but not limited to CPR/First Aid, Standard Precautions, Med training
- Degree in early childhood development or related field desired – minimum of an Early Childhood Professional Credential Level 1 required
- Participation in Colorado Shines PDIS program
- Minimum of 2 years classroom experience.
- Strong classroom management and communication skills.
- Love for children and passion for teaching.
- No criminal record or child-related offenses.
This position will report to the Director.